WhatsApp: Create an account in a few simple steps
When it comes to messaging apps, WhatsApp is one of the most downloaded apps at all the major app stores, let it be GooglePlay, iTunes, or Windows app store.
This is because of the fact that WhatsApp is simpler to use, completely free for life, and have interesting features that you wouldn’t find with other cross platforms’ instant messaging app.
In this article, I’ll explain How to create a WhatsApp account in a few simple steps.
Table of Contents
We decided to write on this topic when one of our editors was reading some forums and found many people are looking for a step-wise tutorial on creating a WhatsApp account.
What is WhatsApp?
WhatsApp doesn’t need any introduction to most of the people so this paragraph “What is WhatsApp” is something that many readers might be skipping, however, for those who don’t know what this app is all about, I’d like to discuss it in brief.
WhatsApp is a cross-platform instant messaging app that let you send unlimited free messages, audio/videos/photos to anyone having the same app installed on their device.
Sending messages through WhatsApp is free assuming you have a phone Data Plan or Wi-Fi activated for other different purposes.
You can send unlimited free text/audio/video messages to your family, friends colleagues staying in a country or abroad if he/she has WhatsApp installed on their smartphone or other compatible devices.
Also see: How To Get Dark Mode On Snapchat?
Though internet usage charges are applied based on the amount of data consumed for sending such messages.
Text messages don’t consume much data but sending audio/video messages or images results in the consumption of a considerable amount of data.
Hence, it is a smart idea to get an unlimited data plan or Wi-Fi internet connection so that you don’t incur huge charges or run out of data.
How to create a WhatsApp account for Free
Coming back to the purpose of this article, given below are the steps for creating a WhatsApp account for Free.
Earlier, a few years back, WhatsApp was free to try for the first year, and from the second year onward, the users had to pay $0.99/year to continue to use this app. Later it became completely free for life for all the platforms.
Pre-requisite for creating a WhatsApp account –
There are a few things that you have to keep in mind before you start creating a WhatsApp account for Free. Make sure you fulfill these criteria:
- Smartphone (or any other mobile device such as Tablet, iPad, etc).
- Internet – Phone data or Wi-Fi internet.
- At least 50% battery.
- Approx 70 MB of available space on your device.
- And of course a mobile number you want to use for WhatsApp.
Step 1:– The very first step is to visit WhatsApp’s official website.
Step 2: Download WhatsApp for Android, iOS, Windows, or other platforms available on the official website.
Step 3: Install WhatsApp.
Step 4: Open WhatsApp and you will see the below screen. Hit “Agree and Continue”
Step 5: In the next step (see image below), select your home country and enter your mobile number.
Make sure you enter the correct mobile number because you will be receiving a PIN on the same mobile number.
You may be charged for receiving this SMS depending on your mobile carrier and the country.
Step 6: Next it will ask you to re-check the mobile number. Hit Ok if the mobile number entered is correct.
Step 7: You will receive 6 digit PIN code in a few seconds.
Step 8: Enter this 6-digit PIN code, and the phone number will be verified.
Also see: 9 Best YouTube To MP3 Converters
Step 9: If you have ever used this phone number before and WhatsApp finds the backup, it will prompt you to restore a backup.
Based on your choice if you want to restore or skip, chose any of these two options. If you chose to RESTORE, it may take some time for the process to complete. Allow it for some time and you are done with creating a WhatsApp account.
Congratulations! You can now send unlimited messages, and videos and have fun.
Features of WhatsApp
There are a lot of interesting features of WhatsApp that you can use to make instant messaging a fun task. However, WhatsApp nowadays is not only being used for fun, many people have also started to use it for their business promotion as well.
Doctors are using WhatsApp to quickly send reports of the patients, and Engineers too, are using it for getting in touch with their colleagues to carry out work quickly.
Small business owners such as boutique owners use WhatsApp for getting in touch with their customers so that whenever they have any new offer or discount, they could let the customers know. Let’s take a look at the features of WhatsApp:
- FREE – The most important thing about WhatsApp is, it is free to use. Pay no fee for renewal either.
- Unlimited Messages – Send unlimited text, image, voice, or video messages to anyone in the world.
- Free Unlimited calls – Make unlimited free voice/video calls to your loved one.
- Group Chat – Have fun with your friends together. Make a group and send messages to the entire group in one go.
- WhatsApp Web – Use WhatsApp on your laptop using the WhatsApp web feature. Open web.whatsapp.com and scan the QR code to use WhatsApp in a browser.
- Automatically detect contact – When you add someone to your contact list, WhatsApp automatically detects if the contact is using WhatsApp.
- Send files – You can send/receive pictures, PDFs, and GIFs through WhatsApp.
- No International charges – You need not pay any international charges when you move out of the country or call anyone who lives in another country. International messaging is free as well.
- End-to-end encryption – The conversation you do with anyone on WhatsApp is end-to-end encrypted. No third person can see your conversation.
- 1 billion download – WhatsApp has been downloaded over 1 billion times at Google Play alone.
- Emoji – Have fun with available emojis. WhatsApp has lots of interesting emojis to express your mood.
Share this article with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Other platforms